Posted: June 20, 2016
Farm Aid is looking for a full-time Program Manager to join our small but mighty team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Farm Aid is a national, nonprofit organization working to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Since 1985, Farm Aid has raised more than $50 million to help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms.
The Program Manager works to strengthen family farm and rural service organizations nationally and the resources and opportunities available for family farmers through strategic management of Farm Aid’s grant programs and network database. The Program Manager position includes coordinating effective evaluation of Farm Aid’s grant making and farmer service programs and preparing impact-based reports and communications. The Program Manager helps to staff Farm Aid’s 1-800 hotline and provides farmers with quality referrals and emotional support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing Farm Aid’s national grant programs and network database.
- Expanding and deepening Farm Aid’s ability to measure, evaluate, and communicate the impact of our grant making and farmer service programs.
- Engaging in ongoing learning of farmer support and service groups and resources around the country to improve Farm Aid’s impact and offerings.
- Serving as secondary person designated to respond to Farm Aid’s 1-800 hotline.
- Participating in ongoing Farm Aid activities, planning and implementation, including extensive work related to our annual concert functions.
The successful candidate will:
- have strong program administration and project management skills;
- be proficient with database management;
- have experience with grant making and/or grant writing/reporting;
- have exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- be competent in monitoring, evaluation and impact-based communications;
- be comfortable in a highly collaborative, team-based setting;
- have experience with event planning and implementation.
Candidate must have an eye for detail but not lose sight of the big picture. Candidate must understand the importance of community, maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to be adaptive, take initiative and thrive in a creative environment with shifting priorities. We seek someone with a sense of humor, integrity and compassion. This is an in-office position that requires periods of intense work and some national travel throughout the year.
Minimum requirements are a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and 3+ years of pertinent work experience (preferably in the food/agriculture field or nonprofit sector). Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (especially Word, Excel) and Filemaker Pro preferred. Familiarity with agriculture and related environmental, social and economic issues is a plus.
If you have these qualities and are interested, please apply by July 8, 2016. We are working under an accelerated hiring timeline, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Applications will be considered as they are received and until position is filled. All applicants must submit a cover letter highlighting their experience and skills relevant to the listing, a current resume and a writing sample. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager” in the subject line. No calls please. Farm Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Farm Aid, please visit our website: www.farmaid.org