Troy, New York
Food Hub Buyer
About Capital Roots
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
TITLE: Food Hub Buyer
REPORTS TO: Food Access Manager
An organized individual with experience in project management, as well as staff leadership skills to execute multiple program services and further develop our regional Food Hub and online marketplace.
Bachelor’s Degree and proven staff and project management experience. Excellent computer and communication skills is essential; previous experience with wholesale-market purchasing is a plus. Must have a positive attitude, high energy level, and a genuine interest in the mission of our organization.
- Organize and conduct all Food Hub purchases from local markets and directly from producers, acting as the chief buyer for Capital Roots, our customers, and in accordance with our mission.
- Manage and maintain a working produce inventory for all programs within the Food Hub and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Supervise Virtual Veggie Mobile® services including the Institutional market, elements of the Individual market pilot program, and entirety of the Virtual Veggie Mobile software.
- Manage and motivate a part-time employee as well as volunteers to deliver services with enthusiasm and care
- Manage collaborations and business relationships with program partners including producers, customers, agencies, and execute other formal agreements related to these programs.
- Assist in coordinating Food Hub finances, including budget monitoring, invoicing, and maintaining accurate daily/monthly accounting reports
- Work in collaboration with the Mobile Market Coordinator to maintain all aspects of project data collection and grant reporting related to programs supplied by the Food Hub
- All other duties as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This position is a full-time position: $13.00/hour. Excellent benefits including fully paid individual health and vision insurance and partly paid dental insurance. Generous vacation and holiday policy. Retirement plan. Flexible work environment.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to http://www.capitalroots.org. Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position, especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Send cover letter, salary history and resume to:
Will Malcolm, Food Access Manager
Capital Roots – 594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!