Long Island, New York
East End Apprentice Job Description
Apply now to be a farm apprentice on the East End of Long Island. The Amagansett Food Institute connects individuals who are interested in working on an East End farm with farmers who want to share their expertise. We work with a range of small, sustainable farms, each with different business models and varying educational programs. Most farms provide housing, fresh produce, and a stipend, while apprentices receive intensive, hands-on training.
An East End farm apprenticeship offers the opportunity to gain experience in:
- Mixed vegetable, herbs, and cut flower production
- Greenhouse production
- Pastured poultry, sheep, and beehive management
- Marketing and other business management skills
- Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
- Opportunities to network within the farm community and deepen your educational experience through AFI’s Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (CRAFT) program.
AFI’s apprentice service offers the opportunity to apply to multiple farms through one application. Please visit: http://www.amagansettfoodinstitute.org/programs/apprentice-matching to learn more and access our Apprentice Application. Please send your apprentice application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.