Gibbet Hill Farm is a diversified produce and livestock farm that is part of the Webber Restaurant Group. Its mission is to provide the restaurants within the organization with fresh, sustainably grown produce and meat as well as increase the visibility of local, sustainable agriculture in New England.
We are seeking an energetic, organized, team-oriented Farm Manager to oversee and run Gibbet Hill Farm. The Farm Manager participates in and directs the crew in all aspects of growing at Gibbet Hill Farm, including but not limited to:
- Creating the crop plan with input from the chefs at the Webber Restaurant Group
- Planning and participating in community events, including farm to table dinners, farm tours, youth education, and other farm events
- Hiring, training, and managing the entire farm staff
- Overseeing livestock chores and monitoring of the health of the herd
- Seeding, planting, and weeding by hand, hand tools and by tractor
- Managing pests and disease in a sustainable fashion
- Directing harvesting and restaurant deliveries
- Consistent communication with chefs and the other managers
In 2016, farm staff consisted of the Farm Manager, an Assistant Farm Manager, two seasonal interns, and occasional part-time work from interested restaurant staff. 2017 staffing levels are expected to remain constant, pending input from the new Farm Manager.
The farm currently consists of two acres of fully-irrigated fields used for fruits and vegetables, one acre of grazing pasture for lambs, a 30’ x 72’ heated greenhouse, three hoophouses, and a storage barn. Equipment includes a John Deere 5425 tillage tractor with front loader as well as Cub cultivating tractor. There are an additional 250 acres of land in Groton that the farm has access to for future expansion potential. Since 2014 we have farmed using only organic practices.
Salary is competitive, and based on previous experience. Performance-based bonus is available. 3-5 years farm management work is required, with at least 2 years of tractor experience. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com