Deep River, Connecticut
Small Farm Egg-Production Consultant
Deep River Farms is a diversified, non-certified organic farm in Deep River, CT.
We are seeking an egg management consultant to help assess and improve our laying flock.
Specifically, we need assistance with finding:
- Accurate and medical diagnoses from professional poultry experts
- Analysis of current flock including physical, natural and feed related variables
End-Products/Deliverables required from consultant:
- Manual containing future recommendations with fully descriptive steps and synthesized research for management team—including sources, references, etc.
- Easy-to-follow process manual for all farm staff with recommended practices and daily routines
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 full seasons working with an egg-production operation
- Must be possess an ag. related Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or have an equivalent of education and experience
Instructions to apply: Please send 3 job related references, resume, and cover-letter, describing your qualifications for this freelance, consultant position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to begin in January; Assignment to begin in mid-January to early February