Title: Community Garden Coordinator
Dept.: Health Innovation
Summary of Position: This position will oversee operations for the Mansfield Community Garden, a one-acre community garden project maintained through a partnership between the Hockomock Area YMCA and the Town of Mansfield. The Community Garden Coordinator will be responsible for growing produce as well as coordinating a 43 member CSA program, working with garden plot members, and overseeing educational workshops/camp visits.
- Design and plan the growing season at the Community Garden with a focus on crop layout and schedule, ordering of supplies and materials, and adhering to the budget.
- Grow vegetables throughout the season by preparing the soil, planting, weeding, watering, and harvesting.
- Coordinate of all aspects of the CSA program including the harvest and pick up of vegetables on designated pick up days
- Communicate with all Community Garden members (CSA members and plot members) to ensure that all questions and concerns are addressed within a timely manner
- Recruit, supervise, and support volunteers who donate their time to various aspects of the garden project
- Facilitate visits from YMCA campers and other groups; design service projects for such groups
- One to two years of growing experience, preferably with a CSA share program
- Degree in sustainable agriculture, agricultural science, or a related area of study preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office & related computer programs
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of members and volunteers
- Ability to build and sustain community relationships
- CPR, first aid and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention certifications are required upon hire
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a resume and a cover letter/email.