Sweetwater Kitchen is located inside Boulder Mountain Guest Ranch and we are located in one of the most beautiful portions of Southern Utah. We are seeking 1 full time, year round position for food, herbs, flower and plant production that will supply our restaurant with fresh organic ingredients.
Food production mainly will focus on a Farm to Table aspect for our commercial restaurant. Additional food production will include staff, personal, and for Farmers Market production in Boulder, UT during summer/Fall.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, creative, personable, organized, hard-working head gardener to spearhead our food production division of our ranch.
This position will require management of an assistant.
This position will also encompass other sources of food production through assistance in food forest implementation and maintenance, chickens and duck care and future honey harvesting.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience growing a productive organic 1/16 acre-1 acre plots.
- Or Master Gardening certification with 6 months experience
- Must prescribe to 100% organic garden
- Must have experience with successfully growing in greenhouses
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Must be able to perform physical tasks
- Valid drivers license
- Minimum of a 1 year commitment
- Ability to live in remote area
Any of the below beneficial knowledge is desirable. If lacking in the knowledge or skills, BMGR will provide the educational opportunities
- On hands Biodynamic farming techniques
- Soil remediation and compost building
- Seed saving
- Food preserving through dehydration or canning
- Permaculture Design Course
- Tree Pruning
- Wild edible plant identification and harvesting (foraging)
- Companion planting
Compensation: Salary will depend on experience. Housing provided iwth subsequent meals provided by Sweetwater Kitchen
*How to Apply: Please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered please include a few paragraphs speaking about your personal experience, a bit about your personality, and how and why you would like to thrive in this remote and beautiful environment. This truly is a special opportunity reserved for a special and capable person. Look forward to hearing from you.