Talcott, West Virginia
Sprouting Farms Appalachian Croft and Training Center is currently accepting Apprentice and Incubator Farm Applications!
Sprouting Farms is launching our first season at the Sprouting Farms incubator farm in Talcott WV, located in the beautiful Greenbrier River Valley of West Virginia.
We believe that long-lasting impact is created by training new farms in quality and sustainable production techniques, and providing shared resources and educational opportunities to the whole farm community.
Our program focuses on providing farmers solid business management and production skills along with hands-on apprenticeship, mentorship, and the land and resources necessary to launch, experiment, and refine their farm businesses. Click here to download project overview.
Applications for 2017 accepted February 1 – April 29, 2017.
A Sprouting Farms apprenticeship offers:
- Land and resource access
- Growing space up to 1/2 acre and use of onsite hoop-house space
- Access to tools, equipment, and other production resources through the Resource Sharing program
- Farm business course
- Course will meet twice a week throughout the season and includes hands-on classes and farm business, production, and record-keeping classes.
- Opportunity to develop, refine, and field-test your farm business plan before launch.
- Paid apprenticeship & farm mentorship
- 400 hour paid apprenticeship $9/hr over the course of the season (up to $3,600)
- Apprentices have the opportunity to complete apprenticeship with with mentor farms in the region
Qualifications & application: . Please visit: http://www.sproutingfarms.org/apply.html to learn more and download the Apprentice Application Packet. Please send your apprentice application, and resume via e-mail to email@example.com