Brewster, New York
SPACE on Ryder Farm is seeking Chefs for our 2017 Season
SPACE on Ryder Farm, an artist residency program housed on a working 130-acre organic farm in Brewster, New York, is seeking to engage experienced chefs for a minimum of two consecutive workweeks during the course of the 2017 season, which runs June through December.
Visit our website at www.spaceonryderfarm.org to learn more!
Overview of Chef Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve three meals a day to residents, interns, staff and guests (average meal serves 10-24 people. Weekly average budget of $900).
- Craft your own menu that meets the specifications of the dietary restrictions of residents, exhibits your own personal flair and incorporates SPACE’s farm-fresh brand (it is critical that ingredients from the farm are incorporated in all meals)
- Prepare orders from purveyors, do grocery shopping, and visit farming operation for fresh ingredients for all meals prepared
- Mentor the intern corps (who will assist you and function as sous chefs)
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, pantry and fridge
- Comfortable cooking for a variety of dietary restrictions including, but not limited to: vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, and carnivores alike
- Minimum 1-year restaurant experience (FOH or BOH).
- Comfortable with farm-to-table style of cooking
- An enthusiasm and passion for cooking and sharing food with large groups of people
- Ability and interest in educating and mentoring the SPACE intern corps on meal planning and cooking
More about the position:
Compensation is $650.00 a week, payable according to all federal/state payroll practices. To Apply please email a letter of interest, résumé, two references and a three-day sample menu to email@example.com.
SPACE on Ryder Farm is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer