Farm Retail Marketing/Promotions Manager
Office position at Stillman Quality Meats, Hardwick, MA
Wanted: RESPONSIBLE, HARD-WORKING, ORGANIZED and CREATIVE individual to join our team to help manage farm retail sales, marketing and promotions.
Stillman Quality Meats is a diversified livestock farm located in central MA, and we produce grass-fed beef, pork, lamb, chicken and turkey. We are a fully vertically integrated farm- we raise all our animals, process and retail our own meat products. The farm business also includes a commercial kitchen where we produce a variety of value-added and processed items. The farm has an extensive retail operation, selling most our products direct to consumers in the Boston area through farmers’ markets, a farm meat CSA and at our permanent stall at the Boston Public Market. www.stilllmanqualitymeats.com
Our farm is seeking a hard-working, knowledgeable, and highly motivated individual to join our team to help manage our retails sales as well as oversee the marketing and promotional activities for the farm. Applicants should have a good knowledge of sustainable agriculture and an interest in local food as well as desire to help manage and further develop our farm’s retail sales business. Furthermore, interested applicants must be proficient on a computer and have a strong understanding of social media and other marketing/promotional avenues.
Job Description/Duties: (Examples of job activities, but the job may be limited to the following)
- Create and monitor social media content
- Update farm social media profiles
- Create and update web content for the farm website
- Media and Press out reach
- General daily email correspondence
- Event coordination and promotions
- Creation of farm marketing materials
- Overseeing farm promotions and coordination with farm employees
- Retails sales
- Applicants MUST be proficient with basic computer programs; Word, Excel, Powerpoint and have strong overall computer skills
- Applicants MUST have a strong knowledge of and understanding of social media and the various popular platforms used by businesses for marketing and promotions.
- Applicants MUST be familiar with programs such as Google Drive and Dropbox and must be comfortable working with a website and POS dashboard.
- Have excellent phone and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be RESPONSIBLE and highly ORGANIZED and have the ability to work independently
- Must have a smart phone
- Knowledge of Adobe Design and other design- based software a plus, but not required.
- Part-time: 20-25 hours/week (with potential to grow to full time)
- Pay- hourly; based upon experience.
Interested applicants should contact Kate Stillman: firstname.lastname@example.org