Fresh Picks Farmer Alliance Sales Representative
Call on wholesale prospects to sell local farm products.
- Identify prospects
- Make sales calls and visits
- Open Wholesale Accounts and increase sales.
- Assess potential needs and interest
- Maintain relationships and good communications
- Demonstrate product knowledge including pricing and availability and enthusiasm
- Take orders and communicate with buyers. Prepare contracts, invoices and availability sheets
- Organize system for tracking and follow-up
- Outgoing and upbeat personality
- Good communication and listening skills
- Highly motivated, innovative and persistent
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Excited about growing the supply of organic foods from local farmers
- Sales experience. Knowledge of and experience working with vegetables and fruits a plus
Compensation and Benefits: $35,000 to $45,000 annually plus commission based upon experience. 1 week vacation, paid holidays, employee discount of 20% on our local organic foods.
Hours and Location: Full-time. Meetings at headquarters in Niles. Can be home-based. Service clients throughout Chicago region.
About Fresh Picks:
The mission of Irv & Shelly’s Fresh Picks is to make healthy food accessible to more people in urban areas through connection and support of local farmers. Since 2006, we have worked to help build a local food infrastructure, increase the supply of local organic food and connect people in the Chicago region with sustainable farmers that work to protect our health and the environment. (www.freshpicks.com)
Fresh Picks offers internet ordering and delivery of local and organic fresh foods to individual households, businesses and institutions in the Chicago region. The Sales Representative will work to increase sales for farmers in the newly formed Fresh Picks Farmer Alliance http://tinyurl.com/oktlg3a. The Fresh Picks warehouse successfully operates as a Food Hub for local food aggregation operating the necessary logistics for ordering, cold storage, handling, packing and delivering product.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Irv & Shelly’s Fresh Picks
5625 W Howard St
Niles, IL 60714