Burnsville, North Carolina
TRACTOR Food and Farms
Sales & Marketing Manager Classification:
Reports to: Director
TRACTOR Food and Farms is a nonprofit Food Hub operating in Burnsville, NC. TRACTOR combines marketing, aggregation, and distribution for member farmers. The goal of TRACTOR is to develop relationships between local small family farms and businesses/institutions with a mission to reduce poverty; increase farm income in our community; expand sources of safe, healthy, locally grown food; preserve farmland and green space; and protect a farm culture in a traditional farm oriented community.
Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all stages of sales and marketing cycle of grower/producer products to retail and wholesale accounts including restaurants customers. Develop new customers, maintaining customer relationships and providing market feedback to warehouse team and growers. Promote products, producers and events through social media and other traditional marketing channels.
- Maintain accurate customer list and develop strong relationships with retail, foodservice and wholesale businesses
- Cultivate new and existing customers to discuss new product offerings/understand buyer need and preferred communication methods
- Work with inventory/driver team on meeting quality expectations and accurate product delivery
- Accurately forecast weekly/monthly/annual demand and prepare contact lists, content management, preparing electronic and direct mail communications including product availability sheets, newsletters, and blogs.
- Promote TRACTOR farmers, partners, products and events through social media
- Meet monthly/annual sales goals
- Work with growers on projected inventory of crops
Duties to include:
- Work with team to create accurate availability list with best pricing
- Work with team to estimate demand create accurate purchase orders
- Understand pricing in the market
- Create relationships with new customers
- Increase same store/restaurant sales through continued engagement
- Make cold calls/visits
- Enter sales order and create purchase orders
- Manage shorts
- Prioritize inventory
- Fill in for sales team coworkers when needed
- Represent TRACTOR at community events
- Set pricing
- Set specials/ad pricing
- Offer deals
- Handle customer complaints
- Post to all social media
- Suggest new items for growers to plant
- Knowledge about product (varieties, flavor, applications, demand, pricing, seasonality)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective public speaker
- Experience with social media
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical, written and verbal reasoning skills
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up on new systems and software
- Self-directed with good organizational skill and attention to detail
- A sense of justice or fair dealing
- Respect for others’ unique personalities
Interns where applicable
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses technology equipment such as computers, projectors, and conference lines. Additionally, this position works within the community to attend meetings, lunches, dinners, and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and climb stairs. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Day trips/Potential overnight conferences.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors or Equivalent. Sales Experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience in warehouse management. Experience in restaurant/produce industry. Experience in farming. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Clean driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be required in the job as requested by the Supervisor.
Interested candidates can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.