Farmington, New York
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) is the oldest and largest organization in New York devoted to organic and sustainable farming and gardening. Our mission: NOFA-NY is an organization of farmers, gardeners, and consumers creating a sustainable regional food system, which is ecologically sound and economically viable. Through demonstration and education, we promote land stewardship, organic food production, and local marketing. NOFA-NY brings consumer and farmer closer together to make high quality food available to all people.
NOFA-NY is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to provide direct support of our outreach programs to our members, donors and supporters. Responsibilities for outreach include facilitation of regional efforts across NYS and continued support of our CSA cost-share program. Understanding of member and donor relations by providing superb customer service and accurate data input into a customized CRM system is required to assist in the execution of successful annual fundraising plans and membership campaigns by the Community Engagement Coordinator. As a member of the in-office team in Farmington NY, this position supports all NOFA-NY programs and events by responding to requests from the general public and answering customer questions as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Outreach: Identifies opportunities for regional engagement of community at large; identifies, tracks, and attends (as appropriate) external community events; and, contributes to the development of materials for tabling and outreach.
- Program Management: Coordinates access to CSA programs for low-income participants and evaluates program success.
- Fundraising: Assists with development and execution of major donor and fundraising campaigns; oversees quarterly lapsed member communications; and, creates a recognition plan to thank members, volunteers, and presenters.
- Donor Data Management: Enters data and runs reports through Salesforce Database; reviews and updates member benefits; and, identifies creative ideas for generating and retaining more members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational skills, attention to detail and computer skills.
- Familiarity with event management/fundraising/registration databases or CRM systems.
- Previous background in a membership-based organization or fundraising campaign preferred.
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of organic and sustainable farming.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Non-profit or fundraising experience helpful.
- Valid driver’s license required.
How to Apply
- Direct cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until June 16, 2017
80% FTE, $25,000 annually plus comprehensive benefit package