Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Job Description: We are looking for hard working and passionate team members to work on the certified organic vegetable farm and fruit orchards at Long Meadow Ranch. Duties will primarily include harvesting, planting, weeding, and general fieldwork. This is a great opportunity to further one’s farming career by being intimately involved in all aspects of an intensive and inventive organic farming and ranching operation. Come gain experience and knowledge, while doing the hard yet gratifying work of farming.
- 1 to 2 seasons of organic farming experience, specifically planting, harvesting, and post harvest handling of diverse vegetable crops.
- Experience with farmers markets and/or other direct to consumer sales.
- Experience with drip irrigation.
- Experience in the safe operation of small engine equipment (weedeaters, chainsaws, etc.).
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Positive outlook, happy, and energetic.
- Passionate about organic farming, local food production, cooking, and eating.
- Detail oriented, tidy, and organized.
- Able to learn quickly and follow instructions.
- Self motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and within a small team.
- Interest in pursuing a career in organic farming.
- The primary duties will initially be harvesting, planting, and weeding. A successful candidate will be happy doing the same daily repetitive tasks.
- Work on all aspects of diversified vegetable operation: greenhouse transplant production, direct seeding, laying plastic mulch and amendments, installing and maintaining drip irrigation, planting, weeding, harvesting, and post harvest handling.
- Assist with organic certification record keeping.
- Work in orchards: pruning, thinning, and harvesting
- Direct to consumer sales: Farmers Markets, deliveries to restaurants, and wholesalers.
- This is a physically taxing job and is suitable for someone who enjoys hard work, long hours, and being outdoors.
Schedule: Job will start immediately. 40-60 hours per week peak season. Schedule may vary depending on the workload.
Location: Long Meadow Ranch has multiple growing locations in Saint Helena and Rutherford, CA.
To apply, visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/lmr/jobs/681663?gh_jid=681663 and click “apply now.” This position is listed as garden worker on the company’s career webpage.