Clovercrest Farm is a MOFGA-Certified organic dairy located in Charleston, ME. Our pastures, hay, and crop land span 500 acres. We milk 90 Jerseys and sell to Organic Valley. We use rotational grazing and feed a low-grain ration. If you have a strong work ethic, interest in grass-based dairying, and experience with equipment operation please consider applying for the position.
Timeframe: We are seeking to hire a full-time year-round employee for a minimum of two years. We are Master Graziers through the Dairy Grazing Apprenticeship program and can offer DGA mentoring. Please see the DGA website for more information.
- Milking and dairy barn chores
- Management of our rotational grazing program
- Management of our winter feed program
- Equipment operation- bucket loader, TMR mixing wagon, bale spear, in-line baleage wrapper, sickle bar mower, disc mower, manure spreader
Hours: 40-50 hours per week. Longer hours during forage season.
Compensation: Hourly pay is commensurate with capability level. Housing may be available.
- Livestock experience preferred
- Equipment aptitude
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and offer leadership
How to apply:
No phone calls, please. We are accepting applications until the position is filled. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter introducing yourself and your interests and capabilities. A job application will be required as well.