Job Title: Cider Supply Chain Assistant
Location: Barneveld, WI (with work in surrounding rural areas)
Brix Cider is a small but growing company making hard cider in Southwest, Wisconsin (see brixcider.com for more information). We source local apples from family farms to make high quality, craft cider. We are planning to expand our supply chain this fall harvest season to include several local orchards, and we are looking to hire two, part time Cider Supply Chain Assistants to assist with apple harvest, collection, transport, and pressing. This is a great opportunity to get started with a new company in a growing local, craft cider industry.
The Cider Supply Chain Assistant will travel to small orchards in Southwest, Wisconsin along with other members of the Brix Cider team to harvest apples. Some of the orchards will be managed and easily accessible, while others will consist of clusters of wild or seedling apple trees on more challenging terrain. The primary responsibilities of the Cider Supply Chain Assistant will be to pick apples, load them onto a truck, transport them back to our farm or processing facility, and assist with apple pressing. What better way to spend the autumn than travelling to orchards and picking apples, right?
The position is part-time (15-30 hours per week) Monday through Thursday, primarily in the mornings and afternoons. Hours may vary based on picking conditions at each site.
The position runs from the end of August through late November. For the right person, we may consider longer term, year-round employment in our new cider production facility and pub (scheduled to open in early 2018).
$12-$14 per hour depending on skills and experience
- Dependable, hard-working, friendly
- Able to lift and carry 50 lb bushel boxes repetitively
- Able to pull or push a harvest cart weighing approximately 200 pounds
- Willing to work outdoors even in inclement weather
- Comfortable working on a ladder with a harvest bag for extended periods of time
- Works safely
- Works efficiently
- Works well with others
Interest in and/or knowledge of apples and cider
- Experience working on farms or in similar environments
- Experience in food processing and/or fermentation
- The Cider Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for his or her own transportation to our farm in Barneveld or to other orchards in the area
How to Apply
Applications are due by August 15th, 2017. The application should include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 references, including: name, description of relationship, email, and phone number
- Also, when you contact us, please note what days and times you are available