Bee Love Farms has an opening for a person with experience in permaculture, farming and composting to take on a role as farm manager or care taker/Permaculture specialist and this could be either a trade or a paid position.
The main tasks would include:
- keeping farm facility and classroom ready for Nonprofit eco science programs for 4th and 5th grade students (they arrive with naturalists that facilitate their program on our facility)
- composting kitchen scraps from our cafe
- making compost tea
- caring for the chickens
- caring for the worms
- caring for the bees
- maintaining the learning garden, food forest and market garden
- planting seeds directly and in green house
- harvest and delivery to our cafe
- helping to develop a medicinal tea garden
- organize schedule and train WWOOFers or farm staff when we have additional seasonal help.
- possibly teaching workshops if the experience level was there (this would be a paid set fee or split of participants)
We offer seasonal workshops in Flower Essences, bee keeping, nutrition and Permaculture, composting, worm farms and other soil topics. These are usually open to WWOOFers or staff at no charge or a discounted price.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org