Troy, New York
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all. The Marketing Coordinator will assist in the development of Capital Roots’ public communications strategy and help guide regular communication with stakeholders, media, funders, public officials and the general public via traditional and emerging media and communications platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Experience with graphic desig
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to d A self-starter.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and w
- Demonstrated organizational and project management
- Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, web and desktop publishing – Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Concrete5).
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, )
- Be committed to the mission of Capital
- Must be flexible and creati
- Photography and video
- Layout and design of newsletter, flyers, posters, and other promotional
- Create and coordinate content for all social media
- Manage organization’s w
- Manage photography and interview opportunities as it relates to the organizations
- Draft press releases, media advisories and marketing
- Work with our volunteer Communications Committee to execute particular p
- Assist with coordination of all public relations and marketing efforts for the organiz
- Develop working relationship with media to promote organization’s programs and events.
- Order and correspond with local printers on at least a bi-weekly
- Manage the publicity for event and programs of Capital
- Recruit and manage marketing
- Manage the ordering and selling of all promotional products for the organization
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) paid at an hourly rate of $12.00/hr.
- Comprehensive health care coverage with fully covered employee premiums and low-cost co-pays and ded
- Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, vacation & sick time, and personal
- Employer funded pension plan – company contributions begin after 2 years of employment
- Eligibility for the federal government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness program
- Flexible work environment
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position, especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Whalen, Communications and Development Manager Capital Roots
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180 email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!