Creative Living Community of Connecticut is seeking a Greenhouse Coordinator to manage our vocational program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Hours are 25 per week, working on weekday mornings. Pay will be determined based on experience.
Creative Living Community of Connecticut’s (CLCC) Greenhouse Coordinator works with Program and Marketing Coordinator. The Greenhouse Coordinator will report to the Safety Committee who is responsible to the Board of Directors Governance Committee.
- Provides daily supervision of Greenhouse volunteers (both typical and those with developmental disabilities) from Monday through Friday.
- Track propagation, labeling for start date, name of product, harvest date, initials of seeder, etc.
- Develop the overall growing plan for CLCC customers.
- Ensure all tools are safely stored. Used soil is disposed of properly.
- Responsible for purchasing necessary supplies including soil, seeds, etc.
- Provide daily quality control for product excellence.
- Gather information and submit weekly and first of month inventory and sales totals for database input for Safety Committee review.
- Respond to monthly greens report explaining any inconsistencies.
- Track daily activities in Greenhouse binder.
- Ensure Greenhouse volunteers (both typical and those with developmental disabilities) are scheduled.
- Track volunteer hours.
- Provide input into the CLCC greenhouse and program budgets.
- Serve on the Greenhouse Safety Committee and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Promote the CLCC vision whenever and wherever appropriate.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and conduct group and individual activities
- Ability to create modifications and adaptations for all volunteers
- Help to create and maintain a positive all inclusive atmosphere for all volunteers
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain records and files
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications or Experiences
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license
- Good driving record and appropriate insurance coverage
- Knowledge of and experience with daily greenhouse operations
- Experience working with and supporting special needs individuals
- CPR and First Aid Training
Interested candiates should apply to Alex Koenigsberg at email@example.com