Production Manager at Lucky Crow Farm LLC
Lucky Crow Farm cultivates mixed vegetables in Monmouth, Oregon and operates two urban farm plots in Monmouth and Salem. The farm has a 65-member CSA and vends at the Corvallis Farmers Market in Corvallis, Oregon. We are growing and are ready to hire our first employee!
We are hiring for a full-time, hourly position from March through October 2018 to support vegetable production at the farm. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, detail oriented, a fast learner and motivated to streamline workflow. An ideal candidate has fun working alone and in a partnership. The work is mostly physical, but requires a sharp mind, good judgment and a great sense of humor. Folks with prior farm experience are encouraged to apply, but we will also consider qualified candidates with no prior experience. Living situation not provided.
- Work will include, but not be limited to, harvesting, packing, cultivating, transplanting, greenhouse propagation, bed preparation and fertility work, irrigating, composting and clean-up.
- Work may include deliveries and occasional driving off farm.
- Farmers’ market vending.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Detail oriented and fast learner.
- Self-motivated and able to streamline workflow.
- Ability to work efficiently alone or in a group.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to keep clear, handwritten and electronic records.
- Positive attitude in all types of weather.
- Willingness to participate in a startup environment where it will be necessary to wear many “hats” at different times.
- Commitment to work entire season (with potential for unpaid vacation time).
- 1-2 years of prior farm work.
- Sense of humor.
- Strong love of food, nutrition and healthy local economies.
- Experienced/licensed driver.
- Organized and thorough.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, climb and reach.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions, often for long durations.
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks with endurance.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Eden Olsen, owner and farmer
Compensation: $12-$15/hr DOE
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org