St. Louis, Missouri Metro area
Farmers Market/Demo Representative
Ludwig Farmstead Creamery
Come work for the slow food movement for a small artisan cheese making company located in Fithian, IL. We make artisan raw cow’s milk cheeses in small batches on our 5th generation farm. We are looking for a responsible person to work part time evenings and weekends in the St. Louis, MO metro area. The hours are typically Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday during the day. Starting in April for the Farmers Market season, there is also a market every Wednesday evening. However, for special events they can occur any day during the week.
If you have worked in food services, the retail industry or customer service and like interacting with customers, we want you to join our team as a part-time Product Demonstrator.
The part-time Product Demonstrator position requires you to prepare and demonstrate food products to customers. You must be able to positively engage customers to promote and increase the sales of our cheeses.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Stephanie@ludwigfarmsteadcreamery.com.
- Possess a strong work ethic, Self-starter: looks for work, good initiative
- Ability to interact positively with customers, peers and supervisors
- Dependable, reliable and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, a neat appearance, and superb customer focus
- Part-time schedule-must be able to work flexible hours to include work availability for weekends
- Must be able to stand the duration of the shift and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be physically able to perform job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work independently
- Must have basic computer skills
- Prior sales experience preferred, but not required
- Must use safe food handling practices
- Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Maintains positive attitude – upbeat
- Excellent follow through – gets job done
- Keep supplies and equipment clean and organized
- Order new supplies as needed
- Complete paperwork for each event
- Use safe food handling practices and cut, package and keep cheese refrigerated for each event
- Serve cheese samples to potential customers and explain how the cheese is made and the different types of cheese and what are some common ways the cheese can be used and paired with other foods and drinks
- Handling customer’s questions and concerns
- Stand for long periods of time
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be willing to work indoors/outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- For farmers markets you will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Set up market tent, tables, tent weights, and display
- Handle cash/credit card payments
- Must have a smart phone and/or tablet for farmers market events with data to use Square for payments
Interested candidates should send a resume to Stephanie Peace at email@example.com.