Come work for the slow food movement for Ludwig Farmstead Creamery (“LFC”), a small artisan farmstead creamery located in Fithian Illinois. We make a variety of award-winning artisan raw cow’s milk cheeses in small batches on our 5th generation farm. We are looking for a hard-working individual interested in joining our company. You will perform a variety of day-to-day activities including packaging, cheese-cutting, and other general duties, and eventually be trained to make our award winning artisan cheeses! No experience necessary, training is provided.
- Possess a strong work ethic, Self-starter: looks for work, good initiative
- Ability to interact positively with customers, peers and supervisors
- Dependable, reliable and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Be able to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, and a neat appearance
- Full-time schedule-must be able to work flexible hours to include work availability for evenings and weekends
- Must be able to stand the duration of the shift and perform routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be physically able to perform job functions
- Requires ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work independently
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must use safe food handling practices
- Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Maintains positive attitude – upbeat
- Excellent follow through – gets job done
- Keep supplies and equipment clean and organized
- Complete paperwork
- Use safe food handling practices and cut, package and keep cheese at specific and maintained temperature
- Stand for long periods of time
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be willing to work indoors/outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work Hours may vary depending on shift.
If interested, please respond with your resume and contact information. Call 217-260-1953 and leave a brief message (including your contact info) to set up an appointment, or stop by our location and fill out an application.
More information available at www.ludwigfarmsteadcreamery.com.