Hay Farmer, Central New Jersey
Property owner seeks a mature and responsible individual to manage the hay operations of a central NJ farm and adjacent properties, with 100 total acres under management. This is a full-time job for the months May-September 2018. Title is Farm Manager. Part-time workers are available to drive and deliver hay wagons to and from fields, as well as to operate the secondary tractor and baler. Two cuts of hay are taken, in the May/June and August/September months. Hay is stored on premises and delivered via a 26′ van truck to horse customers. This is a five month job that pays well with discretionary bonuses, based on performance and attitude. Salary/hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Overall management of operations: harvesting hay (running tractor), directing helpers, fixing /repairing machinery, driving large equipment on country roads (tractor and wide implements, 26′ truck box van)
- Making two “cuts” of hay with mower conditioner, tedding hay, raking and then baling 50 lb. square bales. Bales are kicked into hay wagons for single man operation.
- Moving and unloading hay wagons into storage with hay stacking help
- Delivering hay to stables in central NJ using van truck
- Maintenance of all farm machinery, to include tractors, mower conditioner, tedders, rake, hay balers, hay wagons, trucks, and hay elevator.
- End of season maintenance and service of all machines, including oil and filter exchanges.
- Mowing property owners’ meadows in spring and summer during down times
- Long work days when hay is being harvested
- Farming experience with heavy tractors and farm machinery
- Excellent physical condition
- Knowledge and experience with and using tractors and hay machinery
- Comfortable and experienced driving Class 6 truck (26,000 lbs.)
- Skilled in mechanically to maintain equipment (owner possesses all tools)
- Organized, prompt, professional
- Takes direction well, accomplishes job goals with pride
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work long work days
- Location is Mercer County near Trenton, NJ; applicants must live nearby and have own transportation
Interested individuals should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org