Barrington, New Hampshire
Brasen Hill Farm in Barrington, NH (www.brasenhillfarm.com) is hiring a manager for our vegetable operation for the 2018 season. We are seeking a motivated, energetic, and hardworking person with a strong interest in local, sustainable, and diversified vegetable production to join our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the propagation, seeding, transplanting, cultivation, and harvest on our 3.5 acres and 2 hoophouses
- Overseeing of our 150 member CSA, restaurant, and wholesale accounts
- Implementing our sustainable vegetable production practices, which include IPM, cover cropping, a mixture of till and no-till production, no-spray standards, crop rotation, and the transition to attaining organic certification
- The organization and supervision of the field crew
- Quality control and customer satisfaction in our farm store
An ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about working outdoors and as part of a larger team. Applicants should possess a strong knowledge and comfort with production vegetable operations and prior experience working in a managerial position is preferred.
This position will also act as a liaison with our Animal Manager as well as both farm owners to oversee general farm operations. This includes some work and oversight of our grassfed sheep, goat, and beef operation, as well as our pastured pork, poultry, and rabbits. Prior experience in these areas is not necessary.
This is a full time position that will begin in early spring 2018 and run through December 2018. A full time, year round salaried position is available, dependent on a successful completion of the 2018 season. We do not currently have housing for this position, though affordable housing options are available nearby.
We offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, a CSA share, and a discount on our other products. Applicants must be willing to work weekends and some holidays.
To apply, please send an email stating why you would like to work for Brasen Hill Farm as well as a resume with relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.