Caney Fork Farms
Now Hiring: Vegetable Farm Hands
Period of Employment: March-November 2018
Please send cover letter, resume and 2 references to:
Caney Fork Farms is seeking full-time farm hands to help raise a diverse mix of vegetables, both annual and perennial. Farms hands will report to the Vegetable Manager and assist in all aspects of production: seeding, transplanting, weeding, pest management, harvest and post-harvest, equipment use and maintenance, etc.
Skills and responsibilities include:
- Keen observation, care, and concern for plants and animals
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Tractor and other mechanical skills a plus
- Ability to work full days in all weather conditions and lift 50lbs
- Periodic assistance with other aspects of the farm (livestock, compost, fruit and nut trees, farm maintenance, etc.)
- Minimum one year of previous experience in farming required
The Ideal Candidate:
Someone willing to learn, teach, and cultivate cohesive relationships among all farm humans and animals. An independent thinker and worker who can manage time effectively and efficiently. Above all else, we seek an individual who aspires to produce healthy food in a way that regenerates the land. We are willing to train the right person.
Employee housing is offered within a 10-minute drive of the farm. This property will house the majority of the farm crew so candidate must be amenable to bonfires and pot-luck dinners.
Hourly wage, based on experience.
Caney Fork Farms strives to be an ecologically regenerative, socially integrated and financially profitable farm in middle Tennessee. The 400 acre farm is utilized to produce vegetables, livestock, and a variety of tree crops. All practices are aimed at producing nutritious food while simultaneously engaging the local community and increasing the biodiversity and ecological health of the soil, water, air.