Meriwether’s Skyline Farm seeks Assistant Manager
This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about farming and looking to gain experience in farm management.
Farm Description: Skyline Farm is a 1.5+ acre production vegetable farm growing exclusively for Meriwether’s Restaurant using organic practices. The farm is located northwest of Portland, OR on NW Skyline Blvd near Cornelius Pass Rd. We are a farm crew of four during the main season, April-October. We are energetic, entertaining, hard-working folks.
Dates: Year -round. Starts February 1st.
Schedule: The position is part time – Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the required work days. Some possible work during peak season on Tuesdays and Fridays. Work starts between 7-8am and ends between 5-6pm depending on the time of year. We take a mid-morning break and a lunch. During June-September we generally work 10 or more hours per day.
- Management of farm crew members and tasks
- Aiding in farm management and best practices
- Providing general support for Farm Manager
- Harvesting a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, and flowers
- Fieldwork (seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, trapping, etc.)
- Washing and packing produce
- Propagating plants in the greenhouse
- Animal care (llamas and goats)
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of production farm experience strongly preferred
- Responsible and reliable
- Efficient and hard-working
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation
- Observant and inquisitive
- Positive attitude
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work well alone and with others
- Must be available for in-person interview
To apply: Send brief cover letter, three professional references, and resume to Leana Phillips, Farm Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your cover letter why you are interested in the position and what you feel you could contribute to the farm crew.
Application deadline: Open until filled.