Meriwether’s Skyline Farm seeks Farm Crew Member
Farm Description: Skyline Farm has 1.5+ acres in production growing a wide variety of vegetables exclusively for Meriwether’s Restaurant using organic practices. The farm is located NW of Portland, OR, on NW Skyline Blvd near the intersection of Cornelius Pass Rd. We are a farm crew of four during the heat of the season and strive to be energetic, entertaining, and hard working folks.
Dates: May-September 2018
Schedule: Part time position with Monday-Thursday as the required work days. The work day starts between 7-8am and ends between 5-6pm depending on the time of year. June-September we generally work 10 hour days.
- Harvesting a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, and flowers
- Fieldwork including transplanting, weeding, trapping, etc.
- Animal care (llamas and goats) including mucking stalls
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous production vegetable farm experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated efficiency, responsibility, and reliability
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to receive constructive criticism with a positive attitude
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to stand, kneel, and squat repetitively throughout the day and lift 50 lbs
- Work well alone and with others
- Must be available for in-person inverview
To Apply: Email brief cover letter, two professional references, and resume to Leana Phillips, Farm Manager email@example.com
Open until filled