New Lebanon, New York
Diversified, sustainable farm seeks a part time field crew member to join our small team. New Leaf Farm grows 3+ acres of organic vegetables and cut flowers in New Lebanon, NY. Field Crew member will assist in all aspects of vegetable and cut flower production including but not limited to greenhouse propagation, harvest and post harvest handling, field work, planting & attending farmers markets. Ideal candidates are self motivated, flexible, interested in local agriculture, open to receiving feedback, and willing to work & laugh in rain, frost, heat, or mud.
- Plant, weed, water, mulch, trellis, tend, prep beds for all field and greenhouse crops
- Harvest, wash, and pack vegetables for CSA and Farmers Markets
- Harvest and processes cut flowers
- Make Market Bouquets (Optional: For those with an eye for color or creative side)
- Help maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Maintain efficiency in all aspects of day to day farming
- Attend Farmers Market, actively engage and assist customers, set up and break down display
- Help maintain fence line and living mulches with weed whacker and lawnmower
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly and prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to maintain our standards of high quality produce and customer service while working as quickly and efficiently as possible
- A good sense of humor!
- Ability to adapt to changing plans and tasks
- Clear communication skills
- Punctuality & Reliable transportation to the farm
- Previous farm experience preferred but not required.
Schedule & Compensation
This is a seasonal, part time position. The position runs April through Thanksgiving, 15-25hours/week
Compensation starts at $10-12/hour based on experience plus farm vegetables and flowers.
Send Resume, Cover letter, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org