Various Locations, Washington DC
Market Managers at Arcadia’s Mobile Market
Help bring local, affordable, fresh food to food insecure neighborhoods across DC!
Arcadia is hiring two seasonal, full-time Market Managers. The Market Manager is the leader of at-market operations at Arcadia’s Mobile Market locations, selling high-quality, local food to customers across Washington, DC. The 10 weekly market locations run Tuesday – Saturday, May 14 – Saturday November 17, 2018. A typical day starts at the Mobile Market headquarters, where the Market Manager meets with the Operations Manager and associates to load up the market vehicle. The Market Manager drives the vehicle to the market location (different each day of the week) and works with team to operate the market. The Market Manager lead the pack up, drives back to HQ, unloads the vehicle, cleans up and ends their day. The Market Managers will work closely with the Mobile Market Director and Operations Manager to implement operation strategies focused on communication, staff management and customer service. Together, the Market Managers, Director and Operations Manager will strive to foster a positive, engaging workplace for the Mobile Market Team as a whole.
Hours & Compensation
- Start Date Monday, March 12, 2018 (with some flexibility)
- Arcadia’s Mobile Market 2018 season will run from Tuesday, May 14 through Saturday, November 17, 2018. Market Managers hours will align with market operation times, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Full Time, Hourly Position, $18/hour
- Ready access to local, farm fresh food all season long!
Email your resume, Driver’s License status and brief answers to the questions below by Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 5:00pm to Erin Close, Mobile Market Director, at email@example.com. Feel free to contact with any questions.
1. What is your relationship to food inequity?
2. How do you work to motivate a team?
3. How do you create connections and build trust with strangers?