West Bend, Wisconsin
Position Description: Office Director at Wellspring, Inc.
Wellspring mission: “Wellspring Inc is a Nonprofit Education and Retreat center, as well as a Certified Organic Farm and CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) whose mission it is to inspire and teach people to grow, prepare and eat healthy food. In so doing, we transform food systems and build community.”
Office Director mission: Oversee, document, and report the financial and administrative functions of Wellspring in order for the needs of the staff and the board to be met; facilitating open board/staff meetings; supporting the organization as a whole.
Office Director Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain organizational documents, files, and records
- Assist in hiring process by providing, collecting, and organizing paperwork; completing background checks on prospective staff members; participating in interviews and decision making in cooperation with the Executive Committee for fulltime and part-time staff (not including farm interns).
- Editorial assistance in budget writing
- Oversee: grant writing, sponsorships, and loans
- Assist with the coordination of special events and meetings, meeting facilitation
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of events, reports, grants, and deadlines
- Maintain a database of updated contact information for board, staff, CSA members, restaurant accounts, markets, donors, and instructors
- Organize and assist with documents for board reports
- Assist with the promotion of CSA
- Stock office supplies and insure the proper functioning of facilities
- Perform bookkeeping functions, including (but not limited to): making deposits, paying bills, preparing and sending invoices, managing payroll, tracking expenditures, reconciling bank statements, maintaining ledgers, journals and charts of accounts.
In relation with the Board of Directors, the Office Director will:
- Participate in open staff/board meetings
- Provide clear and concise reports of finances, participate in designing financial goals, and budget updates
- Eligible to join the board after 6 months of employment, by nomination and vote
In relation with the Staff, the Office Director will:
- Collaborate with Education and Community Outreach (ECO) Director on grant writing, fundraising, and sponsorships
- Provide editorial assistance for budget writing
- Assist ECO Director with event registration, promotion, and facilitation when needed
- Manage income reports for the farm and education programs
- Partner with ECO Director and Farm Director to promote events, markets, and CSA
- Perform payroll
- At least 2 years experience with office administration, especially within a non-profit
- Accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred and website building
- Excellent computer experience: GoogleDrive, DropBox, social media, website design, Quickbooks
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization, and follow-through
Schedule: Part-time, year round. 20-30 hours/week. Note: more hours may be needed during large events.
- $13,500/yr salary plus annual retention bonus: $1,500
- Included is on-farm shared housing (not required but preferred)
- Laundry access
- Food staples provided throughout year
- Access to Wellspring’s surplus produce
- Once you join our team, if all goes well, there may be an option of going full-time.
To apply, applicants may submit their resume and letter of intention to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then follow up with an application form, after which we will contact you for an interview.