Farm Alliance Market Coordinator, 2018
The Farm Alliance is seeking part-time help (10-15 hrs/week) coordinating our Saturday morning Waverly Farmer’s Market stand. Responsibilities include: being the primary staff member at the market, inventorying, purchasing, and organizing market supplies, keeping accurate sales records, driving the Farm Alliance vehicle to market, and coordinating use of the vehicle on non-market days. Saturday schedule is 5:30am-1:30pm weekly except for January through March when it is biweekly. The Market Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Market day duties include: preparing for market (5:30 am), working market (7am-noon), and cleaning up after market (noon-1:30pm). Other duties will include keeping accurate sales records, making cash deposits, ordering market supplies, and tracking and communicating market data. One farmer member of the Farm Alliance will serve as the second staffer at the market stand to support the Market Coordinator every Saturday.
Saturday Farmer’s Market:
- Prepare for, work, and clean up after the Waverly (32nd Street) Farmer’s Market
- Be the primary representative of the Farm Alliance at Waverly every Saturday
- Track market inventory and work to improve current systems
- Communicate with members about what produce they are sending to market each week and what is to be done with leftovers
- Communicate with Executive Director to go over data and give updates
- Coordinate meetings of the Farm Alliance Marketing committee
- Maintain & order supplies for Waverly Market (such as: tables, crates, berry packs, rubber bands, fruit crates/baskets, etc.)
- Use Smartsheets to track farmer’s market data
- Valid driver’s license held for at least one year
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform basic computer tasks, use Microsoft Office, and be comfortable with Google
Mail and Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Experience growing and/or marketing produce
- Ability to communicate effectively with community members and organizational partners
Hours – This position is based on the expectation of an average of 12 hours/week. Hours will be primarily
Tuesday-Saturday, year round.
Position Terms – Pay is $17-20 per hour, commensurate with experience.
If interested, contact Mariya at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
EEO Statement: The Farm Alliance of Baltimore does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.