Seeking a Kitchen Manager/Chef
Maine Coast Waldorf School seeks a Kitchen Manager/Chef. This position will independently manage and operate MCWS’s new commercial kitchen at 57 Desert Road, Freeport. The Kitchen Manager/Chef will provide food services for the MCWS community, including but not exclusive to lunch and snacks, before and during school days. In exchange, they may use the licensed, commercial kitchen space any time it isn’t reserved for a class culinary activity or scheduled event. They are free to develop take-home or other food service options for our school community and, if desired, create food products for their business’s off-site sales. A modest monthly fee will be charged to cover a portion of the overhead directly related to the Kitchen.
- The Kitchen Manager/Chef will provide delicious, healthy, reasonably priced food options, using fresh, local, organic ingredients whenever possible, for an estimated 40-60 students and faculty.
- The Kitchen Manager/Chef will foster an environment that is welcoming, inspiring, and fully integrated into the life of the school.
Requirements for this Position:
- ServSafe Manager certified
- Proof of liability insurance
- Adequate culinary and food handling training, acquired on the job or through a certified culinary school
- Experience managing the finances of a food business
Founded in 1984, Maine Coast Waldorf School serves over 260 children from parent/toddler through high school. We are an accredited Waldorf program with more than 35 full-time faculty members, 6 classroom buildings, and permaculture-designed gardens on a 75-acre campus. The new 284 sq. ft. commercial kitchen and adjacent 751 sq. ft. sunny café were recently completed to accommodate the school’s vision for incorporating more food programming and services. The kitchen is equipped with new stainless appliances, including secure storage areas.
To Apply: Please send a letter of introduction, your resume, a brief biography, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com.