FARMERS MARKET SALES & DELIVERY
Simpaug Farms is committed to feeding our communities with clean, high-quality, flavorful food. Our farmers employ sustainable practices that uphold small-farm values and reverence for the land. Our vegetables and fruits are grown naturally, without the use of synthetic pesticides. Our animals are pasture-raised without hormones or antibiotics.
The farm is located on 250 acres of preserved farmland in West Suffield, with the main business office in Ridgefield. All produce sold is grown on our farm. Simpaug Farms has been delivering Connecticut Grown produce to Fairfield and Hartford Counties since 2011. We operate a 200 member CSA with weekly pickup at several Fairfield County locations. Simpaug Farms is a regular vendor at the Fairfield Farmers Market and Ellington Farmers Market. Our produce is favored by some of Connecticut’s best farm-to-table chefs and is featured on restaurant menus across the state.
Our FARMERS MARKET SALES & DELIVERY staff will be based out of the Ridgefield business office, and will be responsible for driving our delivery van from Ridgefield to the farm in West Suffield to pick up and deliver CSA shares, restaurant wholesale orders, and farmers market produce (about 200 miles daily round-trip). They will report directly to the Sales Manager and Operator to coordinate deliveries and other tasks as needed. Strong communication skills are a must. The Driver will also be responsible for setting up the CSA drops for the customers at each location. Strong organization skills and attention to detail is crucial to ensure customer satisfaction and accuracy.
On Saturday and Sunday, we are full-season vendors at farmers markets, which require all sales staff to be on duty. Staff will be responsible for unloading, setting up, creating displays, labeling prices, restocking throughout the market, interacting with customers, answering questions, tracking sales, breaking down stand, and delivering remaining produce to customers.
June through October (may be extended to year-round with reduced winter hours)
3-5 days per week, including weekends. Saturday and Sundays are a must in order to staff our Farmers Markets. We are looking for two drivers for this position so work schedules will change week to week giving both drivers a chance to have weekends off.
- Experienced driver with valid driver’s license and clean driving record (No Exceptions)
- Available to work scheduled shifts with some flexibility on daily start and end times
- Available to work all weekends, with limited time-off requests during peak season (Time off must be pre-approved by manager)
- Fast learner, able to solve problems as they arise with little direction
- Outgoing and personable attitude
- Able to learn quickly and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Punctual, reliable, efficient, and able coordinate delivery routes and schedules with sales team.
- Professional in communication, customer service, and sales
- Friendly, fun, welcoming, and ready to engage with customers
- Able to work long shifts 8-10 hours
- Must maintain professional appearance at all times
- Enthusiastic about local food and farming, and committed to quality
Send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Use subject line FARMERS MARKET SALES & DELIVERY
Feel free to call about the job as well 203-984-7289