Forest Grove, Oregon
Distributor Driver and Packing Assistant
Adelante Mujeres provides holistic education and empowerment opportunities to low income Latina women and their families to ensure full participation and active leadership in the community. Located in Forest Grove, Oregon and founded in 2002, Adelante Mujeres has a reputation for innovative responses to community concerns.
The role of the Distributor Driver and Packing Assistant will be to provide logistical and customer service support to the Adelante Mujeres Distributor and CSA Program. S/he will support the weekly intake, packing, and delivery of fresh produce sold to wholesale buyers and Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) members. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about local food and sustainable agriculture. The ideal candidate will be inspired by and fully committed to Adelante Mujeres vision and mission and will represent the organization in a professional manner among partners, community organizations, families and individuals.
This position is a part- time/ seasonal position that runs from June- October 2018; work days are Sunday and Wednesday afternoons and evenings, and Monday and Thursday mornings and afternoons.
- Complete consistent and on-time deliveries to customers
- Keep a record of all produce delivered as well as customer feedback, comments, and concerns
- Handle invoicing and communications related to delivery; deliver the necessary invoices at the time of delivery, and pick up any distributor boxes from previous deliveries
- Plan for, solicit, and respond to customer and partner feedback, comments, and concerns; report any problems or concerns to Distributor staff
- Assist in all aspects of produce packing including washing, grading, weighing and packaging
- Model excellent health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties per manager’s request
- English speaking proficiency
- Experience driving vans and small trucks in city areas
- Knowledgeable about safe food practices and comfortable handling all food
- Good speaking and writing communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to use standard office equipment.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to travel locally
- Good sense of direction
- Ability to lift up to 20- 30 lbs repeatedly. This is a *very* physically demanding job
- Drug-free individuals only
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Adelante Mujeres
- Conversational Spanish speaking ability
- Understanding of sustainable agriculture methods and produce distribution
- Knowledge of Washington and Multnomah County geography
- Seasonal: June – October 2018; work days Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Part-Time, hourly nonexempt: 15-20 hours per week
- Hourly rate: $14 per hour
- Benefits: Limited Sick Time Off
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Driving for long periods of time in typical Oregon weather
- Lift/move boxes and other items as needed (twist, bend, reach, carry weight, think strategically about how to properly move heavy items).
- Travel locally
ADDITIONAL JOB CONDITIONS
- Will occasionally work outdoors with exposure to typical Oregon weather. Will have frequent evening and weekend work. Will share office space and equipment.
Please submit the following material electronically (PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. (no phone calls, please)
- A one-page cover letter clearly outlining the specific skills and knowledge you bring to the job and why you are a good fit for this position
- A resume detailing relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments
- A list of two professional references
Closing date: Open until filled
Anticipated start date: June 2018
Adelante Mujeres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity.