Forest Grove, Oregon
Shared-Use Commercial Kitchen Assistant
Adelante Mujeres provides holistic education and empowerment opportunities to low income Latina women and their families to ensure full participation and active leadership in the community. Located in Forest Grove, Oregon and founded in 2002, Adelante Mujeres has a reputation for innovative responses to community concerns.
JOB SUMMARY: The role of the Shared-Use Commercial Kitchen Assistant will be to provide logistical and customer service support to participants in the Empresas program who are in the food-based industry. In collaboration with the Forest Grove and Hillsboro Senior Centers, s/he will support local food entrepreneurs by assisting with access to affordable shared-use commercial kitchen space. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about small businesses and local food. The ideal candidate will be inspired by and fully committed to Adelante Mujeres’ vision and mission and will represent the organization in a professional manner among partners, community organizations, families and individuals.
This position is a part-time/ seasonal position that runs from April 1 – October 2018.
- Assume primary responsibility for the operations and logistics of the shared-use commercial kitchen space under the direction of the Empresas Program Manager
- Enroll participants in the kitchen access program; ensure participants have required licenses, permits, and insurance to access to the kitchen
- Create, manage, and share the kitchen reservation calendar; schedule participant reservations of the kitchen based on need and availability
- Track, invoice, process and receive hourly rental fees and remit to Adelante Mujeres Finance office
- Observe and supervise the use of the Hillsboro Senior Center Commercial Kitchen; Develop and maintain positive relationships with partners who provide access to kitchen
- Provide food-based businesses with assistance and resources related to commercial kitchen protocol
- Design, coordinate, and implement ongoing participant communications such as phone calls, email messages and social media postings
- Plan for, solicit, and respond to customer and partner feedback, comments, and concerns
- Model excellent health and safety standards and ensure participants follow requirements
- Assist with small business training activities; to include phone calls and other logistical support
- Perform other related duties per manager’s request
- Bilingual- English/ Spanish
- Experience working with or in food-based businesses
- Good speaking and writing communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365 and social media platforms
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and ability to travel locally
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Adelante Mujeres
- Direct experience in a food-based business, restaurant, or similar industry; familiarity with food safety laws
- Seasonal: April- October 2018
Part-Time, hourly nonexempt: between 15- 20 hours per week
- Hourly: $12.00- $13.50 per hour depending on qualifications
- Benefits: Limited Sick Time Off
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB: Sit for extended periods of time. Lift/move boxes and other items as needed (twist, bend, reach, carry weight, think strategically about how to properly move heavy items). Travel locally
ADDITIONAL JOB CONDITIONS: Will occasionally work outdoors with exposure to typical Oregon weather. Will have frequent evening and week-end work. Will share office space and equipment.
Please submit the following material electronically (PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. (no phone calls, please)
- A one-page cover letter clearly outlining the specific skills and knowledge you bring to the job and why you are a good fit for this position
- A resume detailing relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments
- A list of three professional references
Closing date: Open until filled- Anticipated start date: April 2018
Adelante Mujeres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity.