Huntington, West Virginia
Do you have retail management experience, a passion for local food, and a commitment to building strong relationships with customers and producers? You might be the right fit for our open position! We are seeking a strong leader to manage The Wild Ramp, a year-round, community-supported, nonprofit market that provides a viable economic outlet for local food producers while providing consumers access to locally grown agricultural and artisan products. The Wild Ramp is a vibrant market with regular customers, a community feel, and a direct impact on the local economy. The market manager guides daily market operations including oversight of staff and volunteers, management of inventory, maintenance of banking and financial data, and general execution of the Wild Ramp’s mission to help producers and consumers. The position is full-time and reports to the Board of Directors. The manager is expected to work Saturdays and have scheduling flexibility during the week. Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications. Some benefits are provided.
What You Do
- Oversee pricing, sales goals, and in-store displays
- Manage purchasing, inventory, and quality control
- Build on and improve existing sales strategies
- Maintain sales, financial, and administrative records
- Recruit local farmers and producers as vendors according to the mission of the Wild Ramp and the Market Rules & Guidelines
- Develop staff, volunteers, and vendors
- Collaborate with civic groups, businesses, and nonprofits to enhance community outreach and programming
- Work with the Board of Directors to set and achieve market goals
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Table
- Experience in the local food, farmers market, and/or retail business
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- High levels of reliability and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a busy setting
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Community development, public relations, and public speaking experience preferred
- Satisfactory background check and drug screen
Send resumes to email@example.com. We recommend that you include a letter to explain your interest and why you are a good fit for the market manager position.
The Wild Ramp supports the City of Huntington’s Open to All campaign. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Local is Growing, and the ideal candidate will grow with us!