Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Job Description: We are looking for hard working and passionate team members to work on the certified organic vegetable farm and fruit orchards at Long Meadow Ranch. Duties will primarily include harvesting, planting, weeding, and general fieldwork. This is a great opportunity to further one’s farming career by being intimately involved in all aspects of an intensive and inventive organic farming and ranching operation. Come gain experience and knowledge, while doing the hard yet gratifying work of farming.
- 1 to 2 seasons of organic farming experience, specifically planting, harvesting, and post harvest handling of diverse vegetable crops.
- Experience with farmers markets and/or other direct to consumer sales.
- Experience with drip irrigation.
- Experience in the safe operation of small engine equipment (weedeaters, chainsaws, etc.).
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Positive outlook, happy, and energetic.
- Passionate about organic farming, local food production, cooking, and eating.
- Detail oriented, tidy, and organized.
- Able to learn quickly and follow instructions.
- Self motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and within a small team.
- Interest in pursuing a career in organic farming.
- The primary duties will initially be harvesting, planting, and weeding. A successful candidate will be happy doing the same daily repetitive tasks.
- Work on all aspects of diversified vegetable operation: greenhouse transplant production, direct seeding, laying plastic mulch and amendments, installing and maintaining drip irrigation, planting, weeding, harvesting, and post harvest handling.
- Assist with organic certification record keeping.
- Work in orchards: pruning, thinning, and harvesting
- Direct to consumer sales: Farmers Markets, deliveries to restaurants, and wholesalers.
- This is a physically taxing job and is suitable for someone who enjoys hard work, long hours, and being outdoors.
Schedule: Job will start immediately. 40-60 hours per week peak season. Schedule may vary depending on the workload.
Location: Long Meadow Ranch has multiple growing locations in Saint Helena and Rutherford, CA.
To apply, visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/lmr/jobs/681663?gh_jid=681663 and click “apply now.” This position is listed as garden worker on the company’s career webpage.
Nelson County, Virginia
Assistant Cattle Manager
At Hawk’s Journey Farm, we combine Biological farming, Restoration Agriculture, Permaculture and Holistic Management to raise livestock, perennial food and herbs, and annual crops. We build the things we learn into training programs through our outreach and education company Simple Soil Solutions. Our mission is to heal ourselves and our community, starting with the soil. We are located in Gladstone, VA and border the James River. For more info about us: Please check our websites at http://simplesoilsolutions.com/ and http://abc-beef.com, and our videos on VIMEO and YouTube
We are building our core team for the long run, and need a full-time person (40 – 50 hrs/wk) to work mostly with our grass fed beef cattle operation, under the direction of the Cattle Herd Manager and farm owner. We pay a living wage, invest in amazing training opportunities, and offer many other benefits as well.
We are seeking a full-time, healthy, hardworking, detail oriented person who knows they want to work with regenerative and holistic cattle operation as a life path. We do have openings for internships, but for this position we are looking for a long term team member.
Are you generally happy and positive? Do you have a passion for soil building and rebuilding our earth and communities from the ground up? We believe in the power of intention and the law of attraction. We work as a team with a lot of openness and trust, and willingness to take accountability for our own feelings and choices. We believe that working on ourselves is the foundation for societal change. We want to share deeply on our unique paths of personal transformation as we mirror ways we can help each other grow.
Think of this position as joining a loving, healthy family. We support each other when we are down, and are honest with each other even when it hurts. We believe in positive change from both joyful and painful experiences. We want to FEEL and TUNE IN to our emotions fully and learn the messages underneath them, for we see that there is gold beneath the challenges that teaches us about our spiritual growth.
Job tasks would include but are not limited to:
- Setting up, taking down temporary electrical fence daily or several times daily (lots of walking on hills and in tall vegetation in all types of weather, year round)
- Practicing low stress cattle handling techniques
- Feeding hay, free choice cafeteria style minerals, and other supplements, and natural treatments such as essential oils
- Cleaning water troughs daily
- Participating in on-farm research
- Making daily observations and writing log records to document what the cattle are eating (grass, hay, minerals, etc.), what treatments were applied, cattle health & habits, grazing plan, and others as season and animal health dictates
- Pushing out round bales by hand (with assistance when needed)
- Loading/unloading hay (square bales) by hand
- Fence building/repair
- Operating farm equipment, vehicles and trailers
- Awareness/Mindfulness work with animals
Farm laborers wanted June 1-Aug 31. English or Español. Must be reliable, hardworking, and able to lift 50 lbs. Transportation and valid drivers license necessary. Starting at $15/hour. Call or text 970-390-8115.
Pine Cliff Ranch
About the Organization:
Pine Cliff Ranch, a responsibly run grass-fed beef ranch in Sedalia, CO, has spent the past four years creating a quality product – sustainably raising delicious grass fed and grass finished beef without hormones or antibiotics. We are seeking a Ranch Hand to manage the day-to-day operations at the ranch. The right candidate has a passion for cattle and ranching and sustainable processes. This position will report to the Ranch Manager and be required to live on the ranch. Pine Cliff Ranch sits on 3500 acres of land 30 miles south of Downtown Denver.
Effectively lead daily operations of Pine Cliff Ranch which includes property maintenance, various projects, well-being of ranch livestock and farming operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and well-being of all livestock on ranch, which includes, pasture/grazing management, winter feeding/watering, vaccinations, pregnancy tests, calving, branding, shoeing, breeding, castrations, de-horning, acquisition and disposition of livestock, sales of livestock at auction, install new fencing as needed, maintain existing fencing
- Manage any grazing rights for cattle
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all structures; homes, barns, sheds, stables, fences, corrals
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment, including tractors, trucks, pumps and tools, ATVs, etc., including annual preventative maintenance overhauls during winter months
- Maintain and update inventories of all equipment, tools and supplies. Provide documentation to Ranch Manager on a regular basis
- Assist in maintaining landscaping, driveways and roads
- Responsible for irrigation, including maintaining ditches, dams, ponds, wells, windmills and stock ponds
- Responsible for irrigation maintenance of ditches, dams, ponds, wells, windmills and stock ponds
- Responsible for weed control, soil preparation, plantings, irrigation and harvesting of crops
- Responsible for well-being and management of ranch livestock which includes pasture/grazing rotation, pregnancy tests, feeding/watering, vaccinations, calving, branding, horse training and shoeing, breeding, castrations and de-horning, acquisitions and disposition of livestock, installation of new fencing as needed, maintaining existing fencing
- Maintain landscaping of ranch headquarters and private residences
- Assist in security of property; watching for trespassing, hunting, etc.
- Assist Ranch Business Manager with all other ranch duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have mechanical aptitude; extensive knowledge and experience in operation and repair of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of welding, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to develop and implement ranch business plans
- Must have high energy and physical stamina
- Willing to perform physical labor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting stated deadlines
- Good organization skills
- Work independently, self-driven and results oriented
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and conduct all business activities in a professional manner
- Strong work ethic and integrity
Various Locations – Ohio and New York
Managing Partners – Cattle & Timber Operations
Sweat equity opportunity for the right woman or man
Harrison County OH & Tioga County NY
We need honest, hardworking individuals to run and manage our operations. Job encompasses everything needed to work the cattle and improve/maintain our farm.
This is a “HANDS-ON” get dirty & smelly position, not an “I’m the boss” role.
Combination cattle, hay production, timber and land management. Working knowledge of farm equipment and strong all around repair and maintenance skills.
Superior Compensation & Benefits, plus long-term partnership package. If you believe you are the “Right One” – Call Now! Ask for Nick 216.789.3775
Send your resume in confidence: email@example.com