Food Hub Logistics Manager
About Food Connects
Food Connects is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization based in Brattleboro, VT that delivers locally produced food as well as educational and consulting services aimed at transforming local food systems. Founded in 2013, Food Connects is a catalyst for food systems change by connecting the next generation with their food, local farmers with new markets, and school chefs with school food.
The Food Hub Logistics Manager (FHLM) is responsible for coordinating day to day operations of Food Connects’ mission-driven food hub. Food Connects delivers source-identified local food from over 50 farms and value-added producers to over 100 wholesale customers, Deliveries are twice a week, managed through an online platform.
The FHLM supports Food Connects’ innovative and dynamic food system programming, helping to drive the continued growth and evolution of the organization and its food hubs. Food Connects is a small, horizontally-structured organization, which means that a collaborative process is used for occasional big picture decisions like hiring, creating organizational policies, outreach, fundraising, and conducting an annual peer review.
The FHLM is based in the Food Connects office in Brattleboro, VT, and is a full-time, year-round non-exempt salaried position.
The Food Hub Logistics Manager reports directly to the Food Hub General Manager.
The Food Hub Logistics Manager coordinates the drivers to build and and manage their daily logistical plans and act as reference point for their questions and communications about the day’s pickups/deliveries. Drivers ultimately report to the General Manager.
The Food Hub Logistics Manager also works closely with:
The Food Hub General Manager to coordinate sales and distribution efforts.
The Food Hub Sales Manager to compile orders and meet customers needs.
The Administrative and Marketing Coordinator to implement social media marketing strategies and event coordination.
40 hours/week; approximately 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Urgent logistical issues may occasionally require immediate calls and texts outside normal hours on ordering and delivery days (currently M-F).
Occasional meetings and events on evenings and weekends (with plenty of advance notice).
Occasional regional travel required
Food Hub Coordination
Act as primary point of contact for order logistics and distribution, including fielding and resolving customer/producers issues.
Manage daily operations, including: receive and process customer orders every Monday and Wednesday; send regular order reminders; assist customers with the ordering process; invoice or credit customers/producers for extra/missing/damaged items.
Keep accurate financial records of food hub purchases; manage invoicing and invoice adjustments and accounting in the online commerce site; manage records of distribution; track and report on distribution errors.
Maintain accuracy of customer and producer information..
Build and maintain close working relationships with customers, producers, and other distribution partners.
Generate optimized driving instructions and coordinate with the drivers over the course of every delivery day.
Communicate with drivers throughout their routes and assist them as needed in product aggregation and distribution.
Maintain accurate mileage and driver hour records.
Lead warehouse operations, including stock management, product intake, order picking + preparation.
Actively manage product inventory numbers both at physical storage space and within online commerce system.
Manage purchase orders for maintaining inventory of stocked items.
Proactively communicate with producers regarding product availability and supply.
Identify ways to improve the food hub program, and its distribution operations in particular, and help put those strategies into action.
Assist Administrative and Marketing Coordinator in developing and implementing a social media strategy for the Food Hub.
Assist Food Hub General Manager with meetings and events.
Assist Food Hub General Manager and Food Hub Sales Manager where possible with sales activities like lead development, customer and producers onboarding, etc.
Represent Food Connects in opportunities for Food Hub education and outreach.
Collaborate with Food Hub General Manager on projects to improve logistics, accounting, data management, and distribution systems.
Collaborate on business planning, fundraising efforts, grant proposals and reports, software testing, etc. as needed.
Albany, New York
Regional Partnership Manager
Revolution Foods is igniting a healthy food revolution and believes that all children deserve access to healthy, wholesome food. We have revolutionized the school lunch line by providing healthy, affordable and fresh meals to hundreds of thousands of students every day and have served over 200 million meals, to date.
Regional Partnership Manager
Revolution Foods is hiring a Regional Partnership Manager (RPM) to manage and ensure operational excellence at the schools Revolution Foods serves. The RPM works as a designated account manager to a specified client group within the region. They define, quantify, and analyze the relationship with key partners ensuring they receive the highest quality products and exceptional customer service. Regional Partnership Managers cultivate win-win relationships with clients to help Rev Foods deliver healthy foods to kids across the region! They are empowered to take responsibility for their accounts to ensure contract renewals and sales growth year over year.
- Provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned school partners within a defined Market, to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, operating and financial goals.
- Manage/inform what is ordered for each school, ensuring the highest student satisfaction.
- Ensure client pays within the contractual agreement.
- Establish and maintain effective customer rapport and maintains a win-win relationships with our customers.
- Assist in ensuring that operations are meeting expectations of Revolution Foods and the customer in every way.
- Maintain positive community relations, participating in professional and community events and activities.
- Work cross-functionally with customer management team and establish and maintain effective customer relations.
- Collaborate with multiple departments and team members such as Culinary Center GM, Market Team, and Home Office Team.
- Participate in the development of market forecasts with GM and Financial Manager and develop plans to optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Perform audits as assigned and make recommendations to optimize financial performance or operational standards.
- Lead renewal process through contract signing and participates actively in the sales process.
- Identify opportunities to implement new products and services to support sales growth, client retention, and happy kids!
- You are self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and people with whom you work see you as a leader.
- You’re known for being extremely results-driven, connecting details to the bigger picture.
- You’re skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple projects. You are responsive without fail, and address urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks.
- You’re a gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, or building trusting relationships one-on-one.
- We work in a constantly changing environment that demands flexibility, good humor, and a willingness to pitch in and support each other – you are excited to be a great teammate and not afraid to roll up their sleeves!
- Most importantly, you have a genuine passion for our core values: respect, care for all, learn/teach/grow, deliver excellence, and live our mission of real food for all.
In order to apply, candidates can email their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elizabethtown, New York
SEEKING GENERAL MANAGER FOR THE DEER’S HEAD INN
The newly renovated and re-conceptualized Deer’s Head Inn in Elizabethtown, New York is seeking a General Manager to help oversee operations, mission fulfillment and business growth. Originally opened in 1808 The Deer’s Head is the longest continuously operating tavern in the Adirondacks and is now a restaurant/bar, retail market/coffee shop, and inn dedicated to creating a communal space and sourcing from the many local farms in the area. The General Manager is responsible for all front-of-house operations including scheduling, collaboration with the chef, ordering for the market, payroll, managing social media promotions, guest interaction, and working with local farms and farmers to do cross-promotions. The manager will report directly to owners.
The right candidate will be passionate about local foods, creating a space that feels like home for locals and travelers alike, is collaborative and positive, and is interested in expanding The Deer’s Head’s collaboration with various factions of the community. We are looking for someone who is a leader and is excited about instilling pride and passion for our mission in the front of house staff and conveying that to customers.
- Recruiting, hiring, training and maintaining a team of staff in collaboration with the head chef
- Scheduling and payroll management
- Ordering for the market including stock for shelves, local produce and dairy for retail
- Collaborating with Chef and owners on seasonal menus that utilize local ingredients
- Collaborating with bar manager on seasonal cocktail creation
- Tracking invoices and managing food/market costs to adhere to business financial objectives
- Overseeing social media and marketing efforts
- Handling reservations and special event management—liason between restaurant and event point person
- Oversees adherence to all health codes
- Oversees conforming to regulations of the New York State Liquor Authority
- Coordinates with facilities manager to ensure everything is in working order including
- Overseeing bar management including inventory tracking and ordering, tracking costs, and cocktail creation
- Managing maintenance of Inn rooms when necessary
- Creating ambiance and atmosphere during meal service ensuring lighting, candles, music, clean linens, utensils, monitoring food presentation and service
- Motivated, outgoing, excited to interact with guests
- Committed to local foods, making decisions that fulfill and support mission
- A leader able to empower and teach staff about menus, customer interaction, and mission statement
- Able to give and receive feedback, resolve conflict, and communicate clearly and directly
- Restaurant management experience required
- Experience with collaborating and engaging with local foods growers and producers
- Passionate about the community and The Deer’s Head involvement in it
- Comfortable maintaining relationships with and sourcing from many different providers
Please contact email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your restaurant experience. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch to schedule an interview!
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Chatham Marketplace General Manager Position Opening
Chatham Marketplace, a locally owned cooperative grocery store, welcomes applications for the position of General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for the bottom line profitability of the store which generates approximately $2.5 million in sales. The General Manager reports to a Board elected by our 2200 owners. The management of staff, daily operations, budgeting, and planning is the responsibility of the General Manager, who is guided by limits and expectations set by Board policies. The Board operates under Policy Governance, a system that values empowerment, accountability and vision. (www.carvergovernance.com/model.htm). The Ends of Chatham Marketplace serve to guide the Board and the General Manager.
Chatham Marketplace Ends: We serve our owner and employees, our shoppers, our local farmers, our local business community, and our broader community by being a co-op that:
• Provides healthy quality food
• Supports local agriculture
• Strengthens local economy
• Is a good place to work
• Has an active ownership
• Practices environmental stewardship
• Is a catalyst for cooperation among community members
• Serves as a community hub
• Advances the well being of each community member Continue reading