Properties Management Assistant
Gilsland Farm, Falmouth, ME
Director of Properties
Maine Audubon is a widely respected conservation organization with headquarters located in Falmouth, Maine, with state-wide influence. Our mission is to conserve Maine’s wildlife and habitat through conservation, education, and citizen action. We are seeking a 30 hour per week Properties Management Assistant at Gilsland Farm in Falmouth, Maine. This is a hands-on skilled position that assists with a variety of property maintenance needs.
The Properties Management Assistant is responsible to assist the Director of Properties with day to day maintenance of Maine Audubon’s Gilsland Farm property, buildings and associated structures and facilities, in a manner consistent with Maine Audubon’s mission, in order to provide a welcoming, friendly, safe and clean environment for visitors and employees. Occasional property maintenance work also takes place off site at other Maine Audubon wildlife sanctuary properties.
Essential and Specific Functions
- Responsible for lawn mowing and weed whacking
- Perform daily building cleaning, maintenance, and trash and recycling disposal.
- Perform landscape plantings and landscape bed maintenance
- Work with a range of volunteers on an as needed basis
- Perform general building maintenance and repair projects and seasonal tasks
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on various mowers, power tools, and other landscape equipment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to follow through on job responsibilities
- Assist with winter snow clearing operations, including snow blower operation, hand shoveling, and tractor operation
- Perform and document monthly building and site inspections
- Assist with set-up of events and programs
- Other property care related functions as needed
- Knowledge and work experience in use of hand tools, lawn mowers, power hand tools, and basic knowledge of maintenance of these tools
- Landscape/horticulture/nursery education or work experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with power equipment such as tractors, riding mowers, chain saws, and a variety of power tools
- Experience in general building maintenance functions
- Ability to operate basic computer programs
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check
- This position has substantial physical demands including the ability to safely handle heavy equipment and materials
- Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to frequently hike natural woodland trails, including all trails on Gilsland Farm
- Able to work outside in all seasons and weather conditions
- Able to climb stairs
- Able to drive passenger vehicles and pickup trucks
Timing and Benefits
- This is a permanent 30 hours per week position, M-F, 7:30 am – 2:00 pm, year-round. Occasional weekend work for special events
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Properties Management Assistant in the subject title. Position open until filled. EOE.